Module 1: Installing, Upgrading, and Migrating to Windows 7
This module explains how to install, upgrade and migrate to Windows 7. It also describes the key features, editions, and hardware requirements of Windows 7.
- Preparing to Install Windows 7
- Performing a Clean Installation of Windows 7
- Upgrading and Migrating to Windows 7
- Performing Image-based Installation of Windows 7
- Configuring Application Compatibility
- Lab : Installing and Configuring Windows 7 (Migrating Settings by using Windows Easy Transfer; Configuring a Reference Image of Windows 7; Deploying a Windows 7 Image)
Module 2: Configuring Disks and Device Drivers
This module examines how to configure disks, partitions, volumes, and device drivers to enable Windows 7 to function as desired.
- Partitioning Disks in Windows 7
- Managing Disk Volumes
- Maintaining Disks in Windows 7
- Installing and Configuring Device Drivers
- Lab : Configuring Disks and Device Drivers (Configuring Disks; Configuring Disk Quotas; Updating a Device Driver)
Module 3: Configuring File Access and Printers on Windows 7 Client Computers
This module explains how to manage access to shared folders and printers on a computer running Windows 7. Specifically, it describes how to share and secure folders, configure folder compression, and how to install, configure, and administer printing.
- Overview of Authentication and Authorization
- Managing File Access in Windows 7
- Managing Shared Folders
- Configuring File Compression
- Managing Printing
- Lab : Configuring File Access and Printers on Windows 7 Client Computers (Creating and Configuring a Shared Folder for All Users; Configuring Shared Access to Files for Specific Users; Creating and Sharing a Printer)
Module 4: Configuring Network Connectivity
This module explains both IPv4 and IPv6 network connectivity. It also describes how to implement automatic IP Address Allocation and troubleshoot network connectivity.
- Configuring IPv4 Network Connectivity
- Configuring IPv6 Network Connectivity
- Implementing Automatic IP Address Allocation
- Troubleshooting Network Issues
- Lab : Configuring Network Connectivity (Configuring IPv4 Addressing; Configuring IPv6 Addressing; Troubleshooting Network Connectivity)
Module 5: Configuring Wireless Network Connections
This module describes key wireless network technologies and how to configure wireless network components and the Windows 7 elements that are necessary to access wireless networks.
- Overview of Wireless Networks
- Configuring a Wireless Network
- Lab : Configuring Wireless Network Connections (Determining the appropriate configuration for a wireless network; Troubleshooting Wireless Connectivity)
Module 6: Securing Windows 7 Desktops
This module describes how to make a Windows 7 computer more secure while ensuring usability is not sacrificed in the process. Specifically, it describes Windows Firewall, User Account Control, Windows Defender, and Security in Internet Explorer 8.
- Overview of security management in Windows 7
- Securing a Windows 7 client computer by using Local Security Policy Settings
- Securing data by using EFS and BitLocker
- Configuring application restrictions
- Configuring user account control
- Configuring Windows Firewall
- Configuring security settings in Internet Explorer 8
- Configuring Windows Defender
- Lab : Configuring UAC, BitLocker, and AppLocker (Using Action Center; Configuring Local Security Policies; Encrypting Data; Configuring AppLocker)
- Lab : Configuring Windows Firewall, Internet Explorer 8 Security Settings, and Windows Defender (Configuring Windows Firewall; Configuring Internet Explorer 8 Security; Configuring Windows Defender)
Module 7: Optimizing and Maintaining Windows 7 Client Computers
This module describes how to use the monitoring and configuration tools to obtain information about Windows 7 performance and how to troubleshoot performance and reliability problems.
- Maintaining Performance by Using the Windows 7 Performance Tools
- Maintaining Reliability by Using the Windows 7 Diagnostic Tools
- Backing Up and Restoring Data by Using Windows Backup
- Restoring a Windows 7 System by Using System Restore Points
- Configuring Windows Update
- Lab : Optimizing and Maintaining Windows 7 Client Computers (Monitoring System Performance; Backing Up and Restoring Data; Configuring System Restore Points; Configuring Windows Update)
Module 8: Configuring Mobile Computing and Remote Access in Windows 7
This module explains how to configure mobile devices and remote access. It also discusses DirectAccess and BranchCache which are new for Windows 7.
- Configuring Mobile Computer and Device Settings
- Configuring Remote Desktop and Remote Assistance for Remote Access
- Configuring DirectAccess for Remote Access
- Configuring BranchCache for Remote Access
- Lab : Configuring Mobile Computing and Remote Access in Windows 7 (Configuring Power Options; Configuring Remote Desktop; Configuring DirectAccess; Configuring BranchCache)